24 Nov 2016

FITNESS WORK MUST BE MAINTAINED!

I have been back in the UK for the past few months working on maintaining my fitness ahead of what ever comes up next in my career. It is very important for all players to stay on top of their fitness at all times and even more so once they get into their 30s. With modern science in terms of recovery and injury prevention I believe players will start to beyond the usual retirement age of 34/35 because they are taking care of their bodies better in terms of recovery, training and most importantly diet. A footballers diet must be well balanced with ample carbs, protein, fruit, veg and good fats to maintain a good balance.  Below working on my core strength by doing the plank excercise which is an excellent way to stabilise the body and isolate the abdominal area.